March 1, 2012

Carrot Cake ...in a jar!

I was perusing Pinterest for dessert recipes, which I rarely do to be honest, but I figured it would be a great place to start.  So I typed in cake recipes, and I ran across all these pictures of cakes in mason jars!



Isn't that just the cutest?  So I figured I would try it out for myself, but I wasn't going to be baking anything quite this colorful considering the birthday girl's favorite cake is carrot.  


I already had the recipe, and the jars, and figured I had nothing to lose, right?  I mean I only had to make four!  And the girls wouldn't care if they weren't PERFECT - so what better people to try them out on!


So the ingredients.


2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp each of cinnamon, baking soda, and salt
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil 
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups grated carrots (use your food processor for the grating if you have one)

Directions.
  1. Preheat oven to 325
  2. Mix above ingredients together
  3. Grease sides and bottoms of 9 x 13 glass dish (or mason jars).  Fill mason jars 1/2 full
  4. And bake for 45-50 minutes or 30 minutes if in mason jars

1/2 way full!

Baked product!

I split the batter between the mason jars and a mini cake!  And made the frosting at a friend's house considering my hand mixer broke.


Frosting ingredients.


1/2 box powdered sugar
1/2 cube butter (leave out in room temperature to get it soft before hand) 
3 oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla


After mixing together add a splash of milk for smooth consistency.



And here is the finished product  - with frosting and a scoop of ice cream with candles of course!  ENJOY!


xoxo,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...