March 26, 2012

It's the Little Things.

Each week seems to go by so very fast!  And my weekends seem to go by especially fast.  I quite often wonder, what have I done with myself and where has the time gone?  This weekend I was blessed with some beautiful moments with friends and gosh it was just so good for my soul!!

I had some girls over for dinner on Friday night - and we ate and drank and ate some more, and laughed and cried, and talked about marriage, boyfriends, love, babies, our jobs, our faith, our families.  And it was just so good!

One of the lovely ladies that night brought over some kale to make a kale salad, and it was delicious!!  She was kind enough to leave the extra kale behind, and I have been making all sorts of things with it.  So I have a new obsession - I LOVE KALE!!  I have never bought it at the store, thus I have never made anything with it, but I have had it before.  And guess what?  Peter even informed me that we may be able to grow it in our garden!  That news got me pretty excited - it's the little things I tell ya!

Leftover kale - little did it know how quickly it was to be consumed!

Prepping to make kale chips (olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper - bake at 350 for 15 minutes).

Post oven and Ready to eat!  Peter loved this!

Warm kale salad - tried to replicate the salad from Friday night.  Super easy - consists of red onions, almonds (I improvised with these!), salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil sauteed on the stove.  Yum Yum!  I'm hungry!  It truly is the little things in life that make me so happy!

And this weekend we rented a metal detector.  Peter lost his wedding ring a few weeks ago, and we can't seem to find it anywhere!  We thought this delightful object just might do the trick, but unfortunately it didn't.  Sad times about the ring, but we returned it an hour after renting it and the guy gave us our money back because it just seemed to beep at everything in our yard!

Carrot soup - just a random creation!  We will see how it actually tastes!

And there you have it...a quick recap of our weekend.  Feel so very blessed by the little things in our lives!

xoxo, 

Malia


3 comments:

  1. Just FYI, Chris has a metal detector next time you need one. I know, I married a nerd. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Peter's ring. What a bummer!

    Thanks for the kale recipes! I always want to get kale but never know what to do with it other than chop it up and add it to pasta. I think I will get some tomorrow at the Farmer's Market and try both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...