January 2, 2013

The Little Things.

I have been dying to post this for weeks now, considering it's been the little things that have got us through the past few weeks.  When we were informed we wouldn't be going to Ireland, it was the little things that satisfied and distracted us.  The little things, like Dick's burgers and a movie - yum, that food was soo good.  I'm salivating just thinking about it - I should say Peter and I never get fast food, so this was quite the treat!  We even went to see the Hobbit in the theatre - great distraction for 3 plus hours.  I must say my body was a little sore after sitting in one spot for so long.  We have had loads of doctors appointments and we have heard the babies heart beat countless times now.  Below is a photo of me all strapped up - this was the day after we canceled our flights.


I have been busy running all sorts of silly errands and getting things organized as you can see below.  I took my first trip to Babies R Us since I have been pregnant and spent far too long there trying to figure out just what to get with the amount of money I had!  It was overwhelming!


We recieved a lovely gift from our friends, Josh and Amanda, who are expecting a baby boy in just a few weeks.  I suppose Little Buddy thought it was a race or something and didn't want their baby to beat him.  Or maybe he just thought his little diaper wet bag and wipes was so cute - he couldn't wait for them to be used on him.  Who knows, but we shall soon see who ends up being the first one out of the womb!  I did my first and possibly my last DIY project for the baby - a cork board frame for his treasured cards and love notes from family and friends.  I had all sorts of hopes and dreams for a DIY mobile and a chalkboard frame.  I just might have to pass those craft ideas off to someone to do them for me, which makes me a little sad, but life goes on.  I even took the time to wash all LB's clothes and to organize them by size in his closet and in his drawers.  I suppose my mommy instinct was kicking into gear earlier than I had anticipated considering I did get quite a few things organized this past week.


Peter painted LB's little room (we painted it grey) but before painting the whole thing, this is the message he left for me!  I can't believe I'm someone's mom - truly brings tears to my eyes.  I can't believe this is happening - it still seems so surreal.  I mean you feel this little being moving around in you, but you can't even begin to imagine just how they are going to rock your world in so many wonderful ways.  Peter and I have no idea what we are in for and I feel so very blessed to have this wonderful man by my side as we journey through this thing called parenthood.  God is so abundantly good!  And I can't wait for the day when we hold that little boy in our arms - this will all be so very worth it.  So what else?  I tried on the baby carrier I registered for - and they even put a baby in there for me to make the whole thing seem a bit more realistic.  And then here we have all of LB's giraffe toys.


And we got our stroller!!  Doesn't he look good pushing that thing??  And the shop even threw in a free sock monkey that I couldn't take my eyes off.  He didn't have a price on him, so they just gave him to me for free.  And we also have a car seat, and it's in the car, which is a good place for it I suppose!


And that's all for now folks...we were in the process of finishing up LB's room before being admitted to the hospital.  All we have right now is a painted closet, and decorations were to happen in the next week or so.  So we shall see what happens now - looks like things are going to be postponed.

love,

Malia, Peter and LB






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...