July 23, 2008

THE PROPOSAL STORY...(told from peters point of view...)

The image “http://peterandmalia.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/img_7787.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


I woke up, having prayed that God would give me a dream or say something to me if i was not to ask malia to marry me. I had not been sleeping because of jet lag and i slept like a baby that night. so i took this as a sign that we were good to go. when my mum woke me up and said Peter i am away to the shops...i got out of bed as i knew this was my moment. all stations are go...

I woke malia up and said ok lets go the beach and read our bibles and pray together...this really confused her.because i am not a morning person, at all. but this morning i was. i wanted to propose before my mum got back from the shops. so we went across the road from green gables to the beach.

We sat down on this little rock, and started to read form the psalms. my mind was not really on the psalms though it was more like ok well i know what my speech will be so how can i segue into it from this bible passage...in such a way that she will have no idea what is going on

I wanted to talk about how i wanted my marriage to be, because i wanted it to be like the beach that we were sitting on. because this beach has been swapping sand for rocks for sand for the last 30 years, but now there are groins in the ground and the sand is here to stay. and because of that the beach is nice to be on again and people enjoy it. thats what i want my marriage to be like, a nice place to be with God being the hold on it that keeps it loving and soft and warm. i want my marriage and my relationship with you (malia) to be grounded in christ and it it is then we will be like a warm sandy beach....

at which point malia starts to pipe in, are we going back yet, are you done...basically making my life hell as she knows what and where i am going with this. so decide its now peter, you need to just go for it. so i get down on one knee, and said malia lani buskirk i may not have a ring yet, (holding her hand and wrapping a piece of golden thread around her wedding finger) but i do know tha i love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. but just before i did this she says you dont have to do this! (back story as everyone was expecting it and she had been throwing mammoth hints for months about engaged when we were in ireland)

once she said yes, i hear this voice calling Peter i am locked out of the house! can you let me in...to which i go 2 seconds mum...then run up and let her in...get the camera and fake some proposal shots! ....

(and there ya have it...we have yet to set a date or anything, but are thinking august 09)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...