May 5, 2010

Child Sponsorship.


Peter and I had the privilege and the honor of carrying 2 bags full of supplies to Uganda and Malawi. My favorite items within those bags are the letters and gifts from sponsors to the sponsored child. I was able to see firsthand the joy and excitement of the children when they received something as simple as a letter, or something as simple as gum and stickers. I experienced fully the benefits of child sponsorship. It truly is such a beautiful thing!

Half the children in the homes are sponsored, yet the other half are in need of sponsors. COTN – Uganda also has a village partnership program, and many children in that program need sponsors. So please take the time to look at the COTN website and read about the children in need of sponsors. I met Monica and Patricia today, and let me tell you they are even cuter in person than they are in those photos! Patricia isn't smiling in this photo, but I have a photo of her that I took today of her smiling wearing that same dress she has on in the above photo. She arrived at the home just a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...