February 28, 2011

Brownies, Beer, and Bread.

What a great combination huh?  Well we had my siblings over for dinner tonight and we made pulled beef sandwiches which were pretty delicious!  But some of my favorite things of the night were the frosted, fudge brownies, and the beer bread!  
I bought a box of brownie mix at the grocery store today and figured I could do something with them for dessert.  So I baked them up and frosted them with some frosting I had left over from Valentines Day, hence the pink frosting!  And then to top it all off, I figured I had to do something a little Oscar themed - so I wrote "Oscars" on the brownies with these little white, edible, pearly things that were also left over from V-Day!
And then I also made beer bread today for the first time EVER, and let me tell you it certainly will not be the last time.  It is so delicious and so very easy!  I just found a recipe online that didn't require self-rising flour.  But the ingredients were flour, baking powder, some salt, sugar, and then beer of course.  Then I melted a whole stick of butter and drizzled it on the top of the loaf before placing it in the oven for just an hour.
This was before. Look at ALL that butter!!

And this was after.
And this was the beer of choice.
Bake it - I promise you won't regret it.

2 comments:

  1. The bread looks super yummy! Do you remember where you found the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure I found the recipe at food.com. It was one of the only recipes i could find that didn't require self-rising flour...and i didnt want to have to buy self-rising flour if i had the regular stuff! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...