March 22, 2011

Countdown.

So we have begun a countdown with the house!!  We get the keys on Thursday and will be moving this weekend.  I cannot believe the time has finally come.  We signed the final documents this past Friday and then handed over the final check for the down payment.  And it is all starting to feel even more official, but I suppose I won't really start freaking out until the keys are in my hand and the house is completely empty!

Peter and I both woke up on Sunday morning wanting to share the dreams we had had the night before...and they were pretty similiar.  Mine was that the house was the wrong house and everything was different than  I had envisioned....and to top it all off she had left ALL of her stuff in the house.  Peter's dream was about the yard...and how the yard was SUCH a mess and a complete disaster and he was going to have to do WAY more work than he had envisioned!  So mine focused on the interior of the house, while his was on the exterior.  Anyhow, we are excited about the move, but overwhelmed slightly by the process of it all...and I am definitely NOT a huge fan of moving - of packing up boxes only to unpack them - seems soo tedious.  But I suppose it has to be done if you have to take the stuff with you right??

I have been getting smarter with time and know that my darling husband can only handle one little task at a time.  So each day I have been giving him a little task..to clean his man area, to go through some papers, to take the nails out of the walls, to tidy his little man drawer in his dresser...and he has stepped up to each challenge with such a willing spirit.  But I know the both of us are super excited to just be MOVED...so this weekend we will hopefully have accomplished most of that and then the unpacking process starts and we will have to find new homes for everything...our dishes, our wine glasses, our towels, our food...blah blah blah, and I'm not too excited about that!  And I also hate how messy our apartment is at the moment, but Peter just laughs to himself and declares its our only chance to be really messy and then I just get frustrated because I then try to organize the mess.  But enough about that...just ask me in a MONTH how much I am loving the house and I am sure I will be there.

Anyhow...here are a few photos from Friday's signing and the packing up of the apartment.  Makes me a little sad to look at those photos...1.7 years spent in this apartment..our first home!



Peter exhausted after having to sign his name countless times!

BUT really excited to be getting closer to owning the house!

slowly but surely taking apart our apartment.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your new place, Malia! How exciting! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...