October 28, 2011

Our Thursday.

Gosh my sincerest apologies for only writing like once a week now!  I hate it to be honest, but some nights I come home and I just can't bring myself to type anything, plus Peter and I don't have the strongest Internet connection in our home, so blogging isn't really all that convenient.  But I wanted to post about our Thursday night.

Thursday was a very Fallish day in the Drennan household.  We finally got around to carving our pumpkins (will post about those in another post).  We have been holding onto those for over a week now and Peter has been itching to carve them.  So we finally indulged that itch and cut into them.

Peter scoured the Internet for carving ideas.  He is never satisfied with the traditional smiley face - triangle eyes and nose and mouth with some teeth.  No - this man has to be creative, which I love, but I normally go with the traditional smiley face - so my pumpkin always looks a little wimpy next to his beautiful creation.  Well this year I designated myself as the one to clean out the insides.  I mean that's the dirty job that no one really wants to do right?  I figured I would clean out the insides and Peter could take care of the carving.  Well his little carving creation took a bit longer than expected, thus we ended up with one carved pumpkin and three uncarved ones. Looks like we will be having another carving session fairly soon. 



I absolutely love this time of year, probably because I have an affinity for pumpkin seeds!!  And in order to get to those pumpkin seeds you have to clean out the insides.  I scrape every last bit out of there and get my hands all dirty searching for the very last seed.  And then I rinse them off, get rid of all the orangey bits, place them on a cookie sheet, sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika over the tops of them, bake them for a little while at 350 degrees and before you know it deliciousness is emerging from the oven.


But Peter always eats them so fast that I never feel as though I fully get my fair share.  But life isn't about being fair now is it??  Plus I get so much satisfaction from watching him eat those seeds - he loves them so much and he just discovered them a few years ago.  He was really apprehensive about eating them at first, b now I can't keep his paws off them.  Oh I love that man!

So that was our Thursday night - how was yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...