October 31, 2011

Birthdays.

I am officially 29 years and two weeks old.  My birthday has come and gone, leaving me one year closer to the old age of 30!

What a beautiful day it was, literally.  It was the perfect fall day.  We started the morning off with donuts at QFC and coffee from Starbucks.  I couldn't decide on which type of donut, so I just ordered two - maple and apple fritter.  I mean that was the easiest solution to my dilemma right?

And then we continued our road trip up north with our final destination being Carleton farm.  And turns out we weren't the only ones with the brilliant idea of visiting a pumpkin patch on a beautiful fall Saturday. The place was packed, but there were plenty of pumpkins to choose from.  We picked out four little beauties and began our journey home!




But before going home we ventured to the grocery store where we picked up some items to make a meal I really really wanted - eggs, with Parmesan cheese, chicken sausage and spinach and potatoes on the side!  I was trying to replicate some Portage Bay goodness I had ordered a few weeks ago.


And then we finished the day with a rugby game and dinner at one of Tom Douglas' finest, Palace Kitchen.  And it was delicious and the desserts mmm ...mmm...good!  It was a blessed day and I was so overwhelmed by all the love and well wishes that I was brought to tears countless times throughout the day. 

Another year has passed me by and another year awaits me.  

some other photos from the day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...