October 5, 2011

Weddings.

I don't know what it is, but I love weddings.  I love everything leading up to them - like the engagement story, the party, the bridal showers, the bachelorette parties.  I love all the celebrations that surround weddings and I especially love the big day!

Now I don't remember loving weddings as much as I do now during my pre-marriage days.  So obviously times have changed, and maybe that's because I can now fully comprehend and truly appreciate ALL The time and effort that goes into planning a wedding. 

I mean alot of decisions go into this one day.  First you start with a ring...diamond(s) or not?  what shape?  What size? and then you move onto the bridal party...just who is going to stand beside you on this day?  And then it's the dress - what color? what shape? what size?  what fabric?  strapless or not?  Blah blah blah...and then what are the guys going to wear and the bridesmaids?  And shoes? and flowers? and food? and the photographer? and the invites?  and the order of service?  What verses? what songs? what vows? what decorations? and then the reception?  what food? what flowers?  You get the point, I'm sure! 

We have only had one wedding this summer, which is a bit different from last summer considering we had one pretty much every other weekend.  But wedding season isn't over just yet for us and we have another one to attend in November.  Yay for weddings!  I love them.  Did I mention that already?  I am so very happy for these two couples!  Marriage truly is such a blessing - never forget that! 

So I suppose I have a few new things to add to my LOVE list.

I love weddings.
I even love buying wedding gifts.
I love wedding gowns and wedding flowers.
I especially love the ceremony and hearing the couple share their vows. and just sharing in the intimacy of it all.  It truly is such an honor!
I love the first dance.
I love the cutting of the cake!
And I especially love the toasts.

Let's be honest...I love it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...