November 3, 2011

Trick or Treat.

While I am kind of on the theme of adding things to my LOVE list, I should probably mention that I love Halloween.  But when I say that I should probably then mention that there are various components of this holiday that I love more than others. 

I love dressing up.
I love when other people dress up.
I love all things candy.
I love the memories I have of Halloween.
I love pumpkins.
I love candy corn.
I love seeing parents walking the streets with their kids.
I especially love when said parents are wearing costumes.
I even love the phrase trick or treat (silly I know, but it's true!)

Now I am not a huge fan of the cold, cold weather, but everything that comes with it simply trumps that.

So now that I have mentioned all of that, I figured it would be slightly amusing to post some of my costumes over the years.  So scroll on down and have a look.

This was me this year on the actual day.


    This was me on Saturday dressed up for Halloween day at the salon - attempting to be Audrey Hepburn.


big glasses - check, pearls - check, interesting hair - check


.And this was me last year as a punk rocker - kind of scary isn't it?


Peter was really freaked out by this one!
                    Had to add this one - figured it would make you smile! I look so much like a boy!

       And this is me as a rugby player one year.  Gotta love the dirt on my face and the grass in my socks!


And this is another Halloween Saturday at the salon - can you tell what time period this is? 

bright colored makeup - check, big hair - check

 
yep you guessed it...it's the 80's.

 

And this one was a Halloween in Ireland - gotta love the pirate get up. I wonder whatever happened to that hat and eye patch?  So I hope some of my past costumes have inspired your costumes for next year!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...