December 29, 2011

Christmas Letters.

I don't know about you all, but I LOVE getting Christmas letters.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas cards as well, but when a letter is tucked in there it is extra special!

And maybe I think that because we have written a Christmas letter the past few years and I know the time and energy that goes into getting it just right!  I know the conversations that occur over a letter, and the drama that may surround it.  Or maybe that's just my own family?

Peter and I always have a lovely discussion about the format, the pictures, the content, blah blah blah, and more often than not we both end up getting slightly frustrated.  And Peter has even gone so far as to say this is the last time we are doing Christmas letters!  Let's just say he said that last year, and we did one this year. So I don't know how serious he really is.

But I imagine we will be doing one next year as well.  And maybe next time I will be a little bit more organized, and actually get the cards and letters out BEFORE Christmas!

Here is a little excerpt from our Christmas Letter this year...

In February, Peter found himself speaking Spanish and eating rice and beans in the Dominican Republic. It just so happened he was traveling over Valentine’s Day, so instead of pinning for my beloved husband, I decided to celebrate this day of love with some lovely lady friends. And this same month we began seriously praying for a new home. And guess what? We found one!

So in March, we signed our life away. Oops, I mean we signed all the papers for this said home. And we became the proud owners of a 770 square foot, 2 bedroom, one bath rambler with an exceptionally large garage and yard!

And in April, considering we are not only homeowners but also landowners, the yard work began. Don't worry - we did not buy a farm. However, we have thought about buying chickens and building a chicken coop. Our lot size is 8,600, and please keep in mind our home is 770 square feet, so we have a rather large area to work with.

And the rest will remain a mystery...Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...