December 30, 2011

Oh, the irony!

So I got a ticket today, and no, I am not referring to a plane ticket.  Oh, how I wish I was!

I am sadly referring to a speeding ticket which I got on the way to work.  I didn't want to be late for morning prayer - yes, I work for a Christian organization, and we start each morning off with prayer.  Oh, the irony! 

And as I obviously sped down the little side road I take to work, I noticed an unmarked car just off to the side.  Well, turns out that little unmarked car was a police car.  And his lights went on before I even had a chance to pass him! 

And I thought, oh the irony!  Here I am driving to work, going faster than I should, to be on time for PRAYER and I get pulled over. 

So I rolled down my window - pulled out all the necessary bits.  He came over and said do you know what the speed limit is, and I smiled and said no.  I wasn't lying - I truly had no idea what the speed limit actually was.  I could have guessed, but I figured that just might be a bad idea!  And then he said, do you know how fast you were going, and I once again smiled and said no!  Another truth, I don't look at my speedometer all that often when I am on side roads.  I know I should, but I normally just follow the traffic and assume I am good to go, and normally it works.  However, that failed me this morning, simply because there weren't a ton of other cars on the road.

So I got a ticket - and I called Peter and told him that the amount of the ticket simply made me want to vomit!

Did I learn my lesson?  Gosh I sure hope so!  I mean what a waste of money right?

So the moral of the story is DO NOT SPEED, especially on your way to work and morning prayer!

1 comment:

  1. If this is your first speeding ticket you should defer prosecution! I got my first speeding ticket last May and did this. What it does for you: If you agree to not get a ticket within the next year, than this ticket won't be put on your record AND therefore your insurance won't go up. Call me if you want more instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...