December 3, 2011

An Ideal Saturday.

Everyone's ideal saturday looks a little different but let me tell you what mine looks like.

I woke up only to realize it was 8 and to be reminded that I had nowhere I needed to be.  So that meant I could sleep as long as I liked.  And guess what - I fell back asleep and woke up at 9:30! Now that is amazing for me!  I mean we went to bed late - after 12 or so, but still, 9:30, that's sleeping in people and I haven't done that in AGES!

And then I proceeded to stay under the covers and open up the pages of my book I started yesterday, The Power of Six, the sequel to I am Number Four.  I am slightly determined to finish it today, which makes me a little sad because the third one hasn't even come out yet!  Wonder how long I'll have to wait for that?  Chances are pretty good that I won't even remember anything that happened in this one by the time the third one makes it to the shelves (of the library).  I should probably just wait until they are all out so I can read them all back to back, but I'm impatient and able to satisfy my thirst for more in the meantime with other books.

I finally ventured out of bed around 10ish simply because Peter is getting geared up to do some work in the yard.  And then I crawled back into bed for a little while longer - book in hand.  And around 11:15, I finally ventured out of bed to make some breakfast.  Scrambled eggs with cheese and a slice of bread that has been coated with olive oil, garlic, and a sprinkle of salt and broiled in the oven.  Yum, Yum! And then I did some dishes while watching this British film called the Trip (wouldn't recommend it!)  I made myself a cup of tea with a splash of milk and went back in my bed.

But the best part of it all is that my husband's ideal Saturday morning looks nothing like this.  And as I laid under the covers in my cozy bed, with a cup of hot tea on one side and my book on the other, I could see him working his butt off outside.  I could see him cutting down some mini trees in the yard, branches and all.  And I watched him as he carried bundles of branches to the shredder.  Oh the satisfaction he received from these simple tasks! 

I could see that he was all bundled up with gloves, a husky sweatshirt, a down vest, a little blue hat atop his head and a little brown mustache to warm his face (no he has not shaved it off yet!).  I could see his progress - what he had already done and envision what more he wanted to do.  I could even smell the fresh air he was breathing (probably because it's so darn cold in our house).  And if I tried REALLY hard I could even experience the joy and satisfaction he was getting from all of this.  And I couldn't help but smile.

And as much as I love and adore my husband, the beautiful truth of the matter is we are both right where we want to be on this Saturday morning.   And I am reveling in this moment - think I will now go and finish my book.

Happy Saturday ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...