January 20, 2012

Crockpot.

I LOVE crockpots, especially this time of year!  I love all types of soups and I especially love that I can throw a bunch of things in the pot in the morning and have something delicious come dinner time.  They are so easy!  

And if you don't have one - then let this post speak to your soul because our crockpot was truly one of our favorite and most used wedding gifts.  Hence, the deep disappointment when I discovered our beloved crockpot was leaking.  And after a bit of investigation, we sadly discovered that our pot had a small blemish, which wouldn't have been a big deal if it's sole purpose wasn't to preserve liquid so food could stew all day long!

This was about a month ago, maybe less?  But it sure did seem like an entire month!  And in the meantime, I just made soupy things in an actual pot on the stove - how original right?  It wasn't that big of a deal, but I knew that I would be purchasing a new one soon enough.  So when I saw this steal of a deal at Fred Meyer last week - I knew I had to drop one of those bad boys in my cart.  

The crockpot was originally $39.99, on sale for $29.99 and then I had a coupon for 20% off that and another one that was 10% off that.  So when I got to the checkout the pot was a little over $21, and guess what?  As the cashier handed me my receipt, she kindly informed me that there was a $10 rebate for the crockpot, and of course I already sent that in!  So when all was said and done - my crockpot cost me $11.  Can you believe it?  I must admit, I was pretty pleased with myself, hence an entire post about it right?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...