January 31, 2012

Dog sitting.

So yesterday, I wrote about our weekend activities and today, I want to write about our dog sitting adventures.

Hmm...where to start?  Peter said it best today, Cruz, the well mannered lab, is like an adult, and Fred, the energetic beagle, is like a small child!  This comment makes me laugh considering how true it really is.  With Fred, you almost need to Fred proof your house before he arrives, and with Cruz, he is able to enter into your home without creating any chaos.

Oh, we had some delightful adventures with both dogs, but not delightful enough to buy one of our own!

So let me inform you of some of those adventures...

Last weekend, we had Cruz, the quiet, mannered lab.

We took him for walks in the snow.
He ate once a day, went to the bathroom a few times a day.
He barked at dogs on TV, and he barked at the apes in Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
He hung out on his bed, and slept with one eye open.
He is amazing on a leash.
AND I took him for a 5 mile run and he survived - no heavy breathing or anything!

This weekend, we had Fred, the energetic, child like beagle.

We took him for a long walk all around town.
He ate a few times a day and all the crumbs he could lick off the floor.
He goes to the bathroom multiplies times a day, and I'm not just talking number one!
He barks at all moving objects (his eye site isn't that great!)
He strongly dislikes vacuums and loud noises.
He is always on the move and it is hard to get him to lie down!
He is terrible on a leash and completely consumed by his nose - and when I take him for runs, I always think he is going to die!
He stole my tacos off my plate not once, but TWICE tonight!
And he peed inside THREE times - now that is RARE for him and completely out of character!

I know Fred's list is a bit longer, probably because he kept us on our toes just like a child would.  And he provided us with so many entertaining moments!  We have loved having a dog in our home, and can't wait till the next dog sitting adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...