February 2, 2012

Skype.


Skype is amazing!  Have you used it before?  Well if you haven't you really should!

Last night, I spent 1.5 hours talking to a dear friend on Skype, and the entire time I kept thinking...This is AMAZING!  It was so fun to see her face and her house.  And she even played a few songs on the piano for me!  It was like she was with me in my home and I in hers.  And I loved every single second of it.

You would think that I would be immune to all the technological advances that have happened during my time considering there have been so many in my 29 years, but if I am honest, technology continues to blow my mind!  And even though Skype has been around for awhile, it still amazes me.  

Peter and I have used it to call long distance to Ireland numerous times - and on Christmas day, we spent over two hours talking to his family.  We stayed up super late and watched them open all their Christmas, and it was amazing...(are you tired of hearing that yet??)  And so great - almost like we were right there with them.  And one of the best parts about it ...internet calls are FREE!  Who doesn't love that?

I have just started using it for domestic calls.  It makes talking on the phone so much more fun when you can actually SEE the person.  However, it does mean you have to give them your full attention because they can see you and they can tell when you aren't looking at them! 

Anyhow, there's my skype plug!  And if you have never experienced it - go check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...