January 15, 2013

The Little Things.

Oh man, I have so many things I am thankful for this week...but I have done my best to condense all those little things down into a single post.  

So here goes...we are so thankful for a healthy baby, for delightful UW doctors and nurses, for their caring hearts and their concern, for hospital food and home cooked meals, for lovely flowers, for our home and a comfy bed.  I missed sharing a bed with my husband and it is just so good to be home and to have access to a full closet rather than a small grab bag of clothes.  I am thankful for premie clothes - LB is no longer in just his diaper - he has graduated to little onesies.  I am so thankful for friends and family who care so much and so well for our family of three.

So let's see...I am in the process of making a mobile to hang above Little Buddy's crib!  And I am hoping the end product looks a little something like THIS.  And the Mini crib arrived and my darling husband set it up as a surprise for me when I got home from the hospital!  It fits perfectly in the closet and I love it so much.  Now the biggest challenge is finding sheets to fit the crib and the giant 5 inch mattress I purchased.  I'm thinking I may be able to find a talented friend that can make me some sheets, so we shall see!  And the final photo is of my flowers in the hospital - such lovely things to look at while I was laying in my hospital bed!


And I couldn't leave out photos from the hospital.  Here is Peter in his sleeping bag and his makeshift bed - let's just say he's really happy to be home!  And one of our white boards at the hospital - December 31st was the day I was admitted and the day I was discharged, January 9th, was such a beautiful day.  I hope I never have to spend so many days in the hospital ever again!  But let's be honest, Peter and I both kind of got use to the room service and the fairly good food.  It was rather fun to call for breakfast and have it delivered to your room - the photo on the right was of a finished meal.  I suppose we were far too hungry to get a before photo, so the after photo will have to do.  


And look who we have here!!  Little Buddy has arrived if you haven't figured that out already.  The photo on the right was our first photo together and only hours after my c-section.  I have to say LB is so much cuter now..haha!!  And the photo in the middle is of his little feet if that isn't obvious enough.  And when I'm with the little guy I have a hard time keeping my mouth off his head and soft cheeks.  


I am so thankful for this little man and for the small steps he takes each day that get him closer and closer to being discharged and home with us.  So many sweet moments with him lately!


And we had the privilege of giving Little Buddy his first bath - it was SO fun!  And he loved every single bit of it - and by that I simply mean he didn't fuss or cry.  I held up his little head while Peter washed his hair and I scrubbed his little body with a washcloth - he is such a sweet little thing!  And I had to document my consumption of my first alcoholic beverage post pregnancy.  Man that beer was so good!  I don't think anything has ever tasted so good.  


And that's all for this week...so many more photos I could have shared, so many more stories, and so many more things that we are thankful for...but I will share those for another day and another time.

xoxo, 

Malia

2 comments:

  1. He is so precious! I am so thankful he is here and healthy too. Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable and loved by his parents. :) I love all the details in LB's room and I'm sure the mobile will turn out great! I had to conscript my sister into making one for Twink - I'm so not crafty when it comes to sewing. I hadn't been craving alcohol until I saw your picture w/the Corona. Definitely a little jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...