February 22, 2010

Bike Ride.


So as some of you may know my darling husband loves to ride bikes...i mean he absolutely LOVES being on his bike and you not only see it when you ride with him but you can feel it too. He LOVES to soar like an eagle down the long, steep roads just to see how fast he can go, and I must say I love to watch him. But I also must say that when I ride with him I sometimes feel as though I am encroaching on a sacred time, probably because I certainly slow him down and his ride is always different with me around =). But it was a beautiful day on Saturday and we had planned our ride the night before...so we woke up early, got all our gear ready and headed out into the cold, cold morning with the promise of warmth in the coming hours! We rode from our apartment in Northgate down Roosevelt into the University District to get to the Burke Gilman and then from there we road to Gasworks through Ballard to the Elliot Bay Trail, to sculpture park, and then to Magnolia and Discovery Park and then came home via the Ballard Locks, Fremont and back through the University District and UP 15th. WHAT A RIDE IT WAS! We did stop a few times...once at sculpture park, another time to get a quick coffee to heat my hands up in hopes of ending my whining, and lastly at peters old house on 69th to say hello to Mr. Josh Epperson! It was a great day and 26 miles later, I was tired and sore, and ready to sit down while Peter was just getting started! Can't wait for our next bike adventure...and next time I will hopefully be a little more prepared.

2 comments:

  1. I think Kris and I ran by you and Peter on the trail! It was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know when you want to go to the san juans!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...