December 22, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.

So I leave one city that was declaring flood warnings for another city that was declaring snow warnings!  Which would you rather have?  To be fair, I would rather have SNOW!!  But this much snow?  I don't know...the city of Belfast has seen nearly a foot of snow in the last 4 days, and it seems as though the snow isn't letting up!  The snow has been on the ground since last Thursday and it is now Wednesday...so SNOW has been on the ground for seven whole days!  That's a LONG time... a very long time if you ask me.  Because if the snow isn't melting and if it's still on the ground a week later, then that simply means its literally freezing outside...and let me tell you folks IT IS!! yesterday it was like -11 Celsius...which is 12 degrees Fahrenheit.  I mean that is COLD!  I can't remember the last time it was THAT cold in Seattle.

I mean don't get me wrong I love bundling up in layers...and wearing heavy coats and hats and my amazing gloves...but all those layers get old after awhile and then if you forget the said hat or those amazing gloves you are heartbroken because its just so darn cold!

But then you have beautiful moments like when we hiked up part of Cave hill and the snow was heavy on the trees and it was soooo quiet...or just yesterday we went to the Lagan Towpath and just walked along the trail...and we saw only like 3 people the entire time!  It was simply divine!  

Here are some pictures from the first night of snow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...