January 23, 2011

Standing for Something.


PLEASE NOTE I WROTE THIS ENTRY WHEN WE WERE STILL IN IRELAND!! So with that in mind...

Peter and I ventured to the north coast (Ireland) yesterday and I don't know what it was, but it turned out to be a rather emotional morning and I felt as though the weight of the world was upon me.  I feel like I have been one big ball of emotions since arriving in Ireland and I feel slightly sorry for my husband.

After an emotional 15 minutes of talking nonsense through tears and far too much snot. I realized that what it all boiled down to is that I wanted to stand for something. I want to be someone who stands for something, and now that we are married, I want our marriage to stand for something and I want our family to stand for something! I don't want to be indifferent. I want to have opinions and to speak out about those opinions even when others may not want to hear them - even if they make others squirm - even if they challenge the way others live and the way others are. I want to stand for something.

And being in Ireland has made me realize that. I know I am a passionate person, but passion only carries you so far if you have nothing to be passionate about. If you have no cause to shout about from your soap box what good is your passion then?

And I think long holidays are sometimes emotional for me simply because they allow me time to stop, to rest, and to think. Isn't it easy just to go about life and your daily routines without really thinking about the life you are actually living? or the life you long to live?

So think about it...What are you passionate about? What do you want to stand for?

2 comments:

  1. Love this photo! And love the thoughts more. God is molding you into a beautiful couple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this, Malia. Definitely food for thought.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...