February 24, 2011

Discovery Park.

So to continue our weekend of adventure and to celebrate the fact that we both had the day off on Monday, we ventured to Discovery Park.  And decided to do some hike to the beach.  I must say I get all confused at Discovery Park and can never quite figure out the BEST place to park and the BEST way to go because there are so many trails and so many signs and so many arrows.  But fortunately after an hour or so we made it to the beach!


We had packed a little lunch but didn't stay seated too long simply because it was once again windy and really cold!  However, Peter had come fully prepared this time with ski gloves!!



And then we had to go check out the cool rock formation that I had first discovered on a field trip with my Geology class in college!  So I of course had to show Peter that and after doing some research discovered that its from a glacial layer.  Here it is in all it's glory!



And that capped off our weekend of adventures!!  Now I feel like we have to plan something special for this weekend as well...hmm??  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...