February 2, 2011

The Library.


So as many of you may know I love libraries...ALOT.  And I was telling Peter last night that it has become my secret obsession. Well it's not so secret considering so many people know how wonderful I think the library is.  Let's be honest though - I have always loved libraries and books too ever since I was a little kid!  I remember winning some book reading contest in my class because I read the most pages in a year.  And I think I may have received some little trophy for it - such an accomplishment requires such an item I suppose!

So my library obsession may be a strange one...but I love living close to the library and I check my library list like every day to see if anything new has arrived for pick up!  But for me...it is like Christmas when a book or DVD I have been waiting for is available for pickup. And then I walk the couple blocks to the library to collect them and it is a neverending process, but I love it all the same.  And I even get excited when I see a book at the bookshop that I want to buy...and then I think, brilliant ill just put it in my que at the library and save myself some money.  Same goes for DVDs.

Simply put...I love reading. I love books and I love getting recommendations from people ...reading those books, either loving them or wishing I had never read them and then turning around to recommend that book or another to someone else. Reading to me is like entering into another world.  I truly place myself into that persons shoes and fully experience the book and the story.

So yes, I do have a love for books and a love for the library, but sometimes it can cause me trouble. sometimes I stay up WAY past my bedtime just so I can get to a point in the book where I feel okay setting it down, only to wake up in the morning and pick it up, and sometimes I would rather read my book than spend time with people or do the things that need doing.  Terrible and so antisocial I know!

But truly the Library is a wonderful place and a resource I don't think people use ENOUGH!  I must say I do experience a small amount of joy when I tell people that you can get books and DVDs at the library for FREE.  I mean granted it does test and try your patience because you may have to wait WEEKS and MONTHS even for a popular book or DVD to show up.


But it's worth it right...I mean I save us about $10 a month by not subscribing to Netflix and even MORE by not buying books.  So click HERE to find out the nearest library near you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...