March 15, 2011

Baking Monday.


So last night was a busy one!  Peter and I spent the majority of our night in the kitchen making all sorts of things from Guinness and Beef Stew to two loaves of Wheaten Bread and a loaf of beer bread along with bannoffee pie AND sugar cookie dough, all while making our own dinner for the night.  
some delicious creation Peter made!
We did a lot tonight and don't get me wrong I love baking and making things and I love the smell of all sorts of things cooking in the kitchen, but I also love coming home and resting.  And tonight was not one of those nights and my back is slightly sore from standing up for so long!
So here are some photos of our creations and their ingredients…

For the Wheaten Bread I used THIS recipe, and I didn't use a bread pan, which was a first!
For the Beef and Guinness Stew - we pieced together a recipe and threw in some extra guinness!
And then these things here are for the Banoffee - you boil condensed milk for 3 hours and you get toffee, and then we did a graham cracker crust, with the toffee on top and then the whipped cream and the bananas.  SUPER easy, but all the little steps are slightly time consuming!
the cans boiling - probably after 2 hours!
and then I made some more beer bread and I was going to use guinness as my beer of choice, but decided on something a little lighter...for those that have yet to acquire the guinness taste (myself included!!).
The stew, bread, and dessert is for dinner for our newlywed group dinner and the sugar cookies are for St. Patrick's Day!  But I am just now realizing I didn't take any photos of the sugar cookies...that will be for another post.
Thank God for my husband.  He was a master in the kitchen tonight and I couldn't have done it without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...