March 2, 2011

Secretariat.


Peter and I watched Secretariat on a rainy, Sunday afternoon while brownies and bread baked in the oven.  And I must say, we were not disappointed by either the movie or the goodies.  

I love true stories, but I always find myself wondering what is actually true and what was for Hollywood.  So of course I had to do some research.  And found some real pictures of Secretariat and I even discovered that there is a statue of him in a park!  And to be fair to the movie - I found that it was pretty true to the real story.
Anyhow, the movie is mainly about Penny Chenery Tweedy, Secretariat's owner, and how she and her colleagues guide Secretariat to set the unbeaten record for winning the Triple Crown, in 1973.  
It is such a beautiful film about family, faith and love.  It is a film about persistence, believing in yourself and never giving up on what you believe in.  So many good morals are intertwined within it all.  And I have even posted a little trailer to inspire you to watch the film for yourself!




Don't get me wrong it was a great movie, but I need to say that this movie left me with a sad taste in my mouth because I have NEVER ever ridden a horse.  Even I can't believe it!  Even my own husband can't believe it.  And I found myself a little envious of those jockeys, flying so fast on those horses, and I found myself longing for something I have never even done before.  So hopefully, sometime sooner rather than later, I will be able to cross this off my life to do list, and I will join the ranks of those who have ridden.

Park Statue - He is pretty famous!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...