March 8, 2011

Worship.

So the topic of conversation during this said Magical night, as mentioned in the previous post, was Worship.   What does it mean to worship the Lord?  As an individual? as a couple?  How do you worship?  This was our topic of conversation at our newlywed group this past Tuesday, and what a great topic it was!
Our conversation went from the different ways we worship, to the different ways we can worship, to the different ways we can worship with our spouse.  Everyone comes to the Lord differently and everyone experiences God in different ways.  This is something I have really been reminded of over the years.  Peter and I experience God differently.  He sees God in nature and I feel God through music.  He sees God through acts of kindness and I feel God through community and love.  
My relationship with the Lord is extremely emotional - so real and so raw.  And I'm not saying that Peter isn't real or raw, but I am saying that it isn't quite as emotional.   I mean I can be moved to tears during times of prayer or even while listening to a certain song.  My relationship with the Lord is emotional and to be honest, sometimes I resent that because sometimes I wish I could come to the Lord and not get emotional, but I have begun to realize that this is not the case and it will never be the case.  And I suppose I am okay with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...