April 15, 2011

California.


So I am officially on vacation in California.  And it is HOT today - but it feels amazing on my skin as I sit out by the pool in my bathingsuit!  It has been years since we had a family vacation just the 5 of us - 3.5 years to be exact.  We are in La Quinta which is about 30 minutes from Palm Springs and just this past year my parents bought a house over here with some friends.  This house is extravagant and I must say it is strange having so many people taking care of the grounds, but it is beautiful and I feel so blessed to share in the experience of it all.

But while here I am forcing myself to apply for jobs.  I mean how terrible is it to apply for jobs from a lounge chair in the sun?  Sounds pretty good to me, but I must say it is slightly difficult to see the computer screen because of the glare from the sun...but does it sound like I'm complaining?  Because I'm not!

So the past few days have been spent lounging in the sun, hiking in the dessert, swimming in the pool, and getting FRIED (burned my knees, my ankles and my upper back the FIRST day!), all while struggling through my terrible cough and my runny nose.  Yes, folks, I am sick.  And let me tell you I hate being sick.  I hate everything about it...I hate taking aspirin, I hate blowing my nose, I hate headaches, and I even hate airborne, but what I really hate about being sick is people feeling sorry for me!  I mean I am on vacation so I don't want to miss out on anything, right?  So I have pulled myself together and tried to make the most of the situation...and it is pretty easy to do when these are your circumstances.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...