April 28, 2011

The Great Gatsby.

So The Great Gatsby  was the chosen book for book club this past month.  The girls figured that in honor of being together so many years it was due time we revisted the classics.  And this was the one we decided upon!

Well let's just say I have read this book, but it has been YEARS.  It was almost as if I was reading a book whose pages I had never thumbed through before.  And I couldn't for the life of me remember how the darn thing ended...so once I neared the end I found myself slightly dissappointed and expecting a little bit more.

If I am honest, this book didn't do it for me the second time around.  And I remember it doing something for me the first time.  So what made this time different?   Maybe it's because out of all the books I HAD to read in highschool/junior high I deemed this one slightly enjoyable?  Or maybe it's because when reading it last I was left to analyze it and analyze it in order to write some paper about the deep meaning behind every little bit in the book?  Or maybe it's simply becuase I have read SOOO many wonderful books, some classics even, since then?

Who knows what it was - but I do know that the cover of this book creeps me out and I really do not like the eyes staring back at me!  I also know that Vivienne and Knox Jolie-Pitt (pictured on left) were featured in the latest Star Magazine on a page titled Munchkin Movie Madness, and the little bit next to their picture goes on to say that the twins looked dressed to the nines in Gatsby-inspired getups made famous by Mia Farrow and Robert Redford.  Anywho - couldn't find the actual picture online, so this one will have to do for now. 

But this all just goes to show you that the Gatsby inspired fashion lives on in the hearts of all of us...even the young ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...