April 21, 2011

An Interview.

So you would think that when someone receives a phone call requesting a phone interview for a certain job - the said interviewee would be elated, excited, maybe thrilled.

Well let's just say that the said interviewee is me, and I wasn't any of those things - I was simply indifferent.  First off, I couldn't even remember WHAT the job was exactly.  So I had to scramble to reread the said job description before returning the call.  And second, I am indifferent because I am tired of getting my hopes up only to find out that I will be at my current job a little longer than I had planned.

Job hunting is tiring.  Actually it isn't job hunting that is tiring, but the application process!  I love searching for jobs and daydreaming about the possibilities, but then the realities hit and I soon realize that I am under qualified for a few of those jobs or over qualified for a few more and nothing seems JUST right.

And then I realize I just need to start somewhere.  I am never going to get experience to obtain that job I daydream about if I don't go out and get the experience to get myself there!

So here we are.  And I have a phone interview scheduled for next week.  And I am grateful, maybe a little indifferent, but still grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...