May 31, 2011

Spilling Hope.

So I know I have written about this said Spilling Hope campaign before...but you should check out the website and read more about it HERE and watch the video below.


And then ALSO...they have started a blog and you can check that out HERE.  They have a random selection of guest writers for the blog...well not all that random considering the majority of the writers are either members of the congregation, like myself, or Bethany, World Relief or Living Water International staff members.  But it is a beautiful collection of voices, opinions, and real life experiences!

And my blog post was just posted yesterday...so if you are interested in reading even MORE of what I write click HERE.

Below is a little excerpt from the post...


It was a year ago this month that I found myself on a plane en route to Africa. My time there drastically challenged my concept of wealth and truly transformed my way of thinking. I began to ask myself far too many questions and was never fully satisfied with any of my answers. But one of the reoccurring thoughts that kept floating around in my head was this idea of the relativity of wealth. I mean what does it really mean to be wealthy? And does this definition vary across countries and continents? And is the concept of wealth simply relative depending on your personal perspective, or what?

In Africa I was hyper aware of all of our stuff. We had packed all sorts of things into our suitcases — two cameras, one computer, one iPod touch, two iPods, tons of clothing options, multiple pairs of shoes. And that doesn’t even include all the things that wouldn’t fit into our suitcases, all the things that were waiting for us back home, such as a car, a few more cameras, another computer, a TV, couches, a comfy bed, pots and pans, snow skies, fishing poles, more clothes, and even more shoes....

Click HERE to finish reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...