June 29, 2011

The Reunion.


So we survived the Reunion, but this is how we looked at the end of the night!  Haha...one of the guys was like "Malia Smile! this is just creeping me out!"  It is VERY rare to see me in a picture with such a straight face, and let me tell you it was HARD!  But I knew I could do it for just one photo!  


But no need to worry....Most of the night I looked like this!  And I was all smiley...I suppose that is my natural state.  

So the big event of 2011 has come and gone and my 10 year reunion has passed me by!  And the final verdict for the evening was that it was fun!  I actually enjoyed myself, and I would like to take this time to encourage ALL of you who have yet to encounter your ten year anniversary of graduating from high school to GO to that reunion.  I mean you never know how terrible or enjoyable it just might be until you show up right??  But I can guarantee that you will laugh... ALOT!  At least I know I sure did!  

There were probably about 50 people there?? maybe more with dates?  I don't really know what the exact numbers were...but I do know that there were quite a few people missing.  And some who even went so far as to purchase a ticket didn't actually make an appearance, which was rather sad, but maybe they will decide to show their face at the 20 year??

I was a little disappointed with myself for not talking to more people.  And if I am honest I kind of stuck with those I was familiar with and it kind of felt like high school all over again with the little cliques.  And I wish I would have stepped away from that and stepped up to the challenge to talk to those I truly hadn't seen or heard from since High school.  Take this guy Tim for example - so a secret admirer note showed up in my locker my senior year and the author of that note revealed his identity within his yearbook message.  The author of said note was a guy named Tim.  Now I think we may have had some classes together??  But to be quite honest - I really can't remember - terrible I know!

But Tim was at the reunion ...and I wish I would have said hello to him.  I wish I would have asked him what he had been up to for the past 10 years, but I didn't.  Maybe next time...at the 20 year?  But I guess that means I am going to have to wait another 10 more years before our paths cross again.

So I have posted some photos below for your enjoyment - the first few photos were taken with my Cannon Rebel and the last few were taken at the photo booth with a different camera!  One of my classmates and dear friends, Anna Lee, is a photographer (bluenestphotography) and this photo booth idea she had was just BRILLIANT!!  People loved it and they LOVED all the amazing paraphernalia.


A real photo without all the costume bits!

really love this girl!



isn't my husband hilarious?


Love this man...Peter calls this photo R-rated.  I call it ridiculously sexy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...