June 28, 2011

A Typical Weekend.



I am sure you are all just DYING to hear about how my weekend went...especially with the reunion and all, but I figured the reunion needed a post of it's own.  So I will be saving that for another day!  And instead I wanted to fill you in on a typical weekend in the Drennan household - well a typical weekend when we are actually HOME!

So this last Saturday we borrowed a truck and headed to Lowe's and filled that bad boy up with all sorts of things, but mainly mulch.  

And then we got down and dirty just a little bit that morning before heading to Bremerton for the reunion.  And we left Bremerton early enough so that we could get some yard work done on Sunday!  Fun times right??  Well I must say the yard work part wasn't all that terrible - we got a TON of weeding done, and it's way more enjoyable when Peter is working alongside me and encouraging me the ENTIRE time!

So we weeded and cut down some little trees and bushes and things.  We filled our compost bin to the very TOP (also a new purchase from Lowe's), and our yard waste bins have been full for weeks!  And Peter put some stuff on the grass to make it grow - hence the blue stuff in the picture above, and then came the moment I had been waiting ALL day for.  We cut open those bags of red mulch and poured it out all over the now weedless soil.  And our hard work sure did pay off because it looks great!

So it wasn't a terrible way to spend my Sunday, but let me tell you - I will be super excited when everything in the back yard is sorted because then we can move on to the rest of the projects outside the house.  Guess I don't hate yard work as much as I thought I did...

And to make it all a little bit more enjoyable, I would roam around the yard and check on our little veggie patch, the roses, the blueberry bushes, the apple tree, the cherry tree...etc.  I am simply overwhelmed by all the beautiful things that are growing in our very own yard!  So I figured you might be too...here are some photos!  Enjoy!

we think these are apples? any other thoughts?
pretty obvious these are cherries!
look at how big everything is!
It is so crazy to think this started as a small seed!  No starters for this family!

can you believe the size of this rose???  Don't think the picture does it justice!

Three different rose bushes - three different colors.   Saving money on flowers = One happy girl! 
P.S. We are hoping to have a housewarming party one of these days!  So hopefully some of you will be able to see this house and all the yard wonder in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...