July 6, 2011

The Long Weekend.

Fabulous weekend.  We drove home tired, sun kissed, and full of memories and all sorts of goodies.
Some weekend highlights - seeing both my grandmas, chowing down on haagan daz ice cream bars, getting through my huge supply of Time magazines, eating far too many pancakes, going on some fairly long runs and one 12 mile bike ride, having loads of adventures, such as a 7 mile kayaking journey, lighting off fireworks, testing out chicken hot dogs, and last but not least...wearing my bathing suit and getting some TAN LINES!
Some of the things I am thankful for (and the things I actually took pictures of!)
My Husband.


My Family.

i love this photo.


Kayaks.  


So excited for the big kayaking trip - I was hoping we would make it back alive and I took a picture to document it just in case!
Kayaks safely put away!  What a day they had!  7 mile journey, withstood the wind and the waves, and even went for a boat ride!

And I am especially thankful for boats and a dad and brother who were willing to rescue us amidst the wind and the waves after we had already traveled 7 miles by kayak.  We were just trying to make it home in time for dinner, and we quickly realized that that simple thought was simply wishful thinking. 
 Fireworks, especially sparklers.  We had some crazy fireworks this year!



 Slippers.
Aren't these slippers the coolest??  Peter steals them from me all the time!   Sorry P your secret is out!












1 comment:

  1. Did you make those slippers? If so can you teach me? I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...