August 9, 2011

Friends.



One of the most beautiful things that has come out of my current job is my friendship with these 3 beautiful women.  I mean look at them people...aren't they beautiful?? Doesn't their joy and their love for life simply radiate through these pictures?  Don't you just want to be friends with them? 
                                      
Something I have learned over the years is that good friendships are so very good for my soul.  Especially friendships that endure the distance and the varying stages in life.  The four of us worked together for a few years at the salon, and then the two girls on the right (Summer and Charissa) moved on to bigger and better things I guess?  Whatever that means, right?  Well, I guess once Charissa finished her Master's in Counseling and once Summer finished her nursing program they both figured it was time to move on and start doing something within their respective fields.  Which is all fine and dandy for them...but what about me??  I mean I miss them terribly.   

  

But just because I miss them doesn't mean I am not thankful for their friendship.  And we have been trying to plan gatherings for our foursome at least once every few months.  But it's a little difficult considering Charissa lives in Tacoma now with her hubby and I live all the way up north in Shoreline with mine.  

But our time together is just so good that the drive is so very worth it. These women bring so much joy to my life and they are just so good for my soul.  During our times together I am constantly reminded of the deep love and admiration I have for each of them.  We are different, but our differences are what make our friendship with each other so beautiful.   

And yes, our time together was fabulous, as always, but it was even more enjoyable because of this little bundle of joy.  Don't get the wrong idea - she doesn't belong to any of us.  But I must say, Charissa sure was a natural with her and quite the baby whisperer.  

So this little bundle of joy belongs to these beautiful people (see photo to the left). And they were gracious enough to let us hang out with their sweet baby girl for a few hours while they had their first official date night.  I must say we all had a fabulous time and baby Damman was very well behaved.  Could have been fairly disastrous considering she had received some jabs earlier that day (vaccinations) and she was slightly constipated.  We didn't have any diaper disasters or severe crying spells.  Thank you Jesus!  And when her parents arrived at the house for the baby pick up, she was passed out on the floor.  Meanwhile, Peter and I just sat glued to our chairs, afraid she might wake up if we moved a muscle.  So we simply sat, staring at her, and that is exactly how her parents found us as they came through the door.

Damman's thanks so much for entrusting your baby girl to us!!  It is such an honor, and we can't wait till the next date night.








1 comment:

  1. Yes! I made the blog!! Thank you for a wonderful evening in your beautiful home. I miss you all so much already... and I miss the baby!

    Love, Charissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...