September 9, 2011

Some ponderings.

It has been over a week since I have posted anything on this blog, and to be honest, I truly don't know where to start.

I thought about writing about our time in DC, all the sites we saw, all the monuments, museums, and memorials we visited, but I am not really in the mood to write about that today.  But someday, sooner rather than later, I promise I will!

Well maybe I will give you just a taste...Peter and I had an amazing time in DC - we truly enjoyed our time together and our time spent with the most amazing friends, and one of our absolute favorite things, besides the time together and our friends, was the history and the politics that simply fills the air.  Everywhere I turned there was a monument or a memorial to a certain someone from history. 

And it was all very solemn.  And it just got me thinking that so many people have died on behalf of this country - so many people have died simply because they were fighting for something whether that fight be against injustice or for freedom - the reality is they fought, some with their guns and others with their words.

And I am left to wonder ..what are the injustices of our time?  What are people currently fighting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...