August 31, 2011

Have Your way with me.

Gosh the title of this sounds like I am putting myself out there to be taken advantage of or maybe even selling myself for sex, and I should be up front right now and say that I AM NOT!

This post has absolutely nothing to do with that in fact. And I suppose I could have used a different title, but this title truly says it all. Have Your way with me. This is exactly how I am feeling right now. And I should mention that this thought isn't directed at just anyone (so my sincerest apologies to all of you out there who thought this post was for you!)...rather this thought is directed at the Lord.

Last night before going to bed, Peter and I prayed - we prayed for my interview today, we prayed for our trip to DC, we prayed for blessing upon blessing upon blessing, and it all felt a little selfish. So to change things up a bit, at the end of the prayer I simply asked the Lord to have His way with us - that His will would be done in our lives!

And it is so freeing to say that. Lord have your way. Let your will be done.

So I have another job interview today at 4 PM. And I am excited to interview. I am excited for the possiblity of this job. Yet, I cry out to the Lord to have His way with my life.

When I first began the job search I was praying that I would get the job, that things would go well, that they would fall in love with me, that I would walk away with feelings of certainty and peace. But, over the course of this past year my prayers have changed. And I now find myself praying that the Lord would have his way with my life and that His will would be done in my life, in this situation and with this job.

And as I drove to work this morning I found myself praying that I wouldn't even be offered the position unless I was suppose to take it, unless the Lord willed it.

And during my short car ride, I couldn't help but think about the ways He has blessed me so abundantly within my life and my marriage, with my family and my friends. It truly feels overwhelming at times! And this morning I was overwhelmed.

I mean Christ died for me - the least I can give Him is my own life! So take it Lord. I entrust it to you!

And Lord, have Your way with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...