September 27, 2012

Simple Pleasures.

I get pleasure from the simplest of things, and I have been storing up a list of things in my head for the past week.  So I figured it was high time I shared them!  Unfortunately, Peter took every single memory card under our roof - so I'm unable to take photos.

  • I finally got to talk to Peter on Skype - it was soo good to hear his voice, I love that man's voice!  And I miss him terribly.  As soon as I hung up I just started crying...sad, I know, and maybe slightly pathetic, but I just love that man so much and I miss him when he's not here.
  • I found out tonight that a friend's mom is in remission after being diagnosed with a really rare form of brain cancer!  Praise the Lord!
  • Little buddy is on the move, truly.  And I love feeling him moving around in there - he tends to move the most at night, when I am relaxed and still.  I can't wait till he's big enough for Peter to feel him moving in there!
  • I gathered a TON of our tomatoes (16 cups to be exact) to make a pasta sauce from scratch - love using things from our garden!  And it was really good - I was slightly surprised, and I served it to my siblings for Sunday dinner and my sister loved it, onions and all!
  • We have mini pumpkins in our garden!  Peter keeps thinking they will get bigger, but I don't know if they will.  So I'm hoping I can take some from our garden to decorate for Fall. 
  • We planted dahlias this year, and those flowers are just gorgeous!  I have been cutting some of them and giving them to friends - and they love it, but Peter isn't a fan of me cutting them!  I can't wait till we have even more next year and I can cut them without Peter noticing a single flower is gone.
  • I have been working out as much as my body can take and I just love my running shoes and running pants and running when I can!  I haven't done a ton of that lately, but when I do, it feels so very good to feel my feet pounding on the pavement.  
  • I went to a new restaurant this past weekend, Oddfellows - LOVED it!  Would definitely recommend it, and the company was fabulous!
  • I have been spending loads of time with friends to try to keep my mind off the fact that Peter isn't  in the country - and it's been beautiful!
  • I started a really good book and I am nearly finished with it - it's been ages since I have read anything to be honest!  Feels good to pick up a book again.

I'm sure there are loads more things I could add, but I will leave it at that.  So tell me...what are some of the simple things that have brought you joy lately?

xoxo,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...