January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Greetings everyone!!

Peter and I are rang in the New Year in the hospital!  We went for our regular appointment yesterday at 11 AM and the doctor admitted us to the hospital by 12:45 PM and it's now 8:30 AM on New Year's Day!  We have nearly been here for 24 hours and let's just say that's the longest I have ever been in a hospital...4 hours was the record so far and it didn't consist of any of these things like hospital beds and IV's and people checking in on you constantly.  I'm going crazy sitting in a bed that's not all that comfortable, all strapped up to machines and things - talk about low intervention right?


Love that the sign says I'm the mom and Peter's the dad - makes it all seem so official! 

So there is a good chance I may not go home until baby arrives in a few weeks (he celebrated 33 weeks yesterday!) and the doctor told me to start planning for that, and to be honest, the idea kind of makes me want to cry.  Little did I know I wouldn't be sleeping in my own bed for many weeks - might have enjoyed that last night sleep a bit more if I had known that.  The doctor told us last week to pack our hospital bag, but let's be honest, I was hoping for the best, and I did not take his advice seriously.  So Peter finally ventured home around 8 PM last night to get some essentials, like a change of clothes and some clean undies and my lovely computer.  It's strange how human and connected that computer makes me feel!  And maybe that's because I still have yet to purchase a smart phone.  

So baby is looking really good.  His heartbeat is great and he's moving quite a bit.  They are really more concerned about my health and how that might affect the baby.  They are in the process of changing my medication and making some adjustments and they wanted to admit me so that they could monitor the process. So depending on how I respond to everything and if they get my blood pressure under control while I'm here and if my blood vessels loosen up, then I just might be able to go home.  One OB told me I wouldn't be going home, and the OB we have been working with told me that I should start thinking like I'm not, but that it's still a possibility.  

My request to all of you is for your prayers...not only for the baby, but for my sanity.  It it so hard for me to sit in a bed all day and to be honest, my body is just sore from doing so!  Strange, I know, but it's the truth.  And please pray for my husband as I know this is all fairly overwhelming for him.  He has been such a blessing!  And I'm so thankful for his presence here.  Please just pray that God would grant us both peace in this situation and that His will would be done in us and through us.  

We will do our best to keep you all updated!

Sending so much love to all of you….

Malia, Peter and Little Buddy

1 comment:

  1. Sitting in a hospital bed IS hard!! But thankfully it is for the sake of your health and baby's and it seems like those are better there than if you weren't sitting in bed. Many prayers for you....sleep, comfort, health, and joy. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...