January 29, 2013

The Little Things.

Now that I have a phone - I have been snapping all sorts of photos to share, but I definitely did NOT take this one with my phone!  This one is courtesy of Anna Lee from Blue Nest photography.  I was slightly hesitant to get photos of Jack in his little NICU room, in his little incubator like bed, but let's be honest, I'm never going to forget his time there, so why not document it.  Plus it's a part of his story, and what a story it is!



Hello baby monitor with video and night vision!  Best thing that has ever happened to Peter and I - definitely a must have!  And hello baby feeding ritual...look how teeny tiny his bottle is and he is using a preemie nipple which simply means the nipple flow is a whole lot slower than your regular newborn nipple.  And yes, we are supplementing the breast milk with this stuff called neosure to increase his caloric intake.  He won't need it forever, but at least for another month.



On our way to Jack's first doctor's appointment!  He did so good in his car seat and so good at the actual appointment. He had to get all naked - poor guy, and they even had me take off his diaper, poor mom - considering it was all nasty and full of pee and poop and did I bring extra diapers in with me?  Nope of course not - I left all of that in the car!  Do keep in mind I'm new at this whole mom thing, and I was sure glad when the Dr. said they had diapers and wipes in one of the cupboards for purposes such as this.


And I just had to document his first bath at home!  It was a success, meaning the child didn't drown or pee on himself, and he is now clean.  And our sink fits him perfectly - now he just can't grow too much.  It was so fun to use some of his bath items and to wrap him up in a little hooded towel - of course he peed all over it, but it was fun while it lasted.


Hello presents from family members!!  Here we have a collection of Christmas presents and baby gift items.  We sure do get excited when we see packages at our door.  Thanks so much for your generosity   It is such a blessing.  Can't wait for LB to use all of his new, fun items.


Hello cute hat!  Oh my goodness - this is the cutest hat ever and I love that it's ours and I don't have to give it back to anyone.  And hello swaddle velcro blankets - best invention EVER!  Our little guy LOVES to be swaddled, and these velcro things are so helpful in keeping all his little limbs in place.


And I will leave you with one of Peter's favorite photos from the week...


sending so much love to all of you!!

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...