April 2, 2013

Cloth Diapers.

how cute is LB in his Bumgenius diaper??

I know it's been ages since I lost wrote anything, and to be honest, I have been storing up all sorts of possible posts in my head.  However, in the meantime, instead of writing any of those posts down, I have been filling my internet time with cloth diaper research.  And let me tell you it is simply OVERWHELMING!!

If I wasn't so stubborn and dead set on cloth diapering, I think I would have given up by now.  There are so many diapers out there.  So many types.  So many brands.  So many purposes.  So many options. Do I want pocket diapers?  Do I want All in ones or all in twos (hybrids)?  Do I want covers and prefolds?  Do I want wool?  Do I want one size diapers or do I want to buy a diaper for each stage of Jack's growth?  Do I want snaps or velcro?  How often do I want to do laundry?  Do I buy them new, used, on sale? And let's say I decide I want all pocket diapers, well which brand of pocket diapers do I want?  Or perhaps I decide I want multiple types of diapers, but I want them all to be the same brand?

Are you as overwhelmed as I am??

So many options, and let's be honest, I don't do well with all those options.  I simply get overwhelmed, and then I get paralyzed, and then I go to the store and buy more disposables.  And the cloth diapers that I do have just sit on the shelf.

But the time has come.  I am tired of buying disposables, and I am tired of tossing all those diapers in the bin.  And I am tired of leaks - so many leaks, which ultimately means so much laundry.  And I am tired of the laundry.  And I am tired of being paralyzed.

So this week (hold me to it), I will be purchasing some additional diapers for my stash.  My hope is that I can purchase a few and try them out for a few weeks, and if I love them, then I can purchase more in that variety.  But if I hate them, then what?  From my research, I now know of a few websites that allow you to try certain brands for 30 days, and if you hate them, you can send them back.  Well, that sounds like a great idea doesn't it?  But what about if the ones you want aren't covered by that warranty?  Do you take the plunge anyways?  Probably, right?

So I have narrowed my diapers of interest list down from 15 options to maybe 5 or maybe more??  Sounds like alot right?  Well it is.  And I think I am just afraid of making the wrong decision, and I keep thinking it's just easier if I don't decide.

But like I said in the previous paragraph, the time has come.  The time has come for me to conquer my fears and to grab hold of this new adventure in diapering.  They may be a bit more work than disposables, but when I think about all the garbage we have had in the past few months due to diapers, I get stick to my stomach.

And let's be honest, cloth dipes are so much cuter than disposables aren't they??

Wish me luck!!  And if you do cloth diapers I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you.  Tell me...what's your favorite and why?

xoxo,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...