May 27, 2013

The Little Things.

I had some big hopes for the weekend - one of them being finishing up the 17 draft posts I have in my queue!  I am so behind on posting my thoughts and rather than let that overwhelm me to the point of not writing, I figured I needed to start somewhere.

So let's see.  We have had quite a few visitors in the last month!  The in-laws came to town along with my sister-in-law.  It was wonderful having them all here and so sad to see them go.  God willing, we will see them THIS Christmas since last Christmas didn't really turn out as we had planned.



And we made a trip to Skagit Valley to see the Tulips!  It was Jack's first time, obviously, and it was a wet, rainy, and grey day, but we didn't let that stop us.  And we made an adventure of it.



The many faces of Jack Emmet Drennan.  Love this little man.


And some more faces.


My first Mother's Day!  It sure was weird being the one celebrated.  And I sure love a man in the kitchen.  And I love my little posers.  Peter was trying to imitate Jack's little face.  Too funny!



Just a few of my absolute favorite things right now.  I absolutely LOVE Cloth Diapering - and this little Grovia Hybrid is one of my latest CD purchases.  Truly though, it's a whole lot easier than I ever imagined it would be, and I was extremely intimidated by the whole process at first.  I absolutely love the Aden and Anais burpy bibs.  I only have two and it's truly not enough.  I wish I had so many more.  These are fantastic because they are not only a burp cloth, but they are also a bib!  I also bought the miracle blanket as you can see in the photo below, and I thought it would be the item that would push Jack over the sleeping through the night edge.  But sadly, it wasn't.  Jack was definitely not a huge fan of this blanket, so perhaps we wasted $30?  Maybe the next kid will like it?  Wishful thinking?  And my diaper bag...I did it!  I bought it, and I do love it, but I do have a few complaints.  I wish there were even MORE pockets, and I wish it opened a bit wider, and I wish there were more pockets on the outside.  And sometimes, I wish it was bigger and not so stiff!  One of my dear friends has this Marc Jacobs bag, and I kind of wish it was mine.  The size is amazing, the fabric is awesome, and there are so many pockets - on the inside and the outside.  We love our baby carrier - the Beco Gemini - and yes, I know the Ergo is all the rage, but with this one Jack can face out, which he LOVES!  And I love our little diaper station and our activity mat, or maybe I should say Jack LOVES his activity mat. 


And I LOVE our stroller - the Baby Jogger City Select.  It can be a double stroller - we will just need to buy a second seat for it, and you can position the two seats 16 different ways, and the basket is HUGE!  Peter took the car one day, and I wanted to go to the grocery store, so I got Jack all suited up for an outing, please note all his toys, and his Aden and Anais blanket and burp cloth.  And to the shop we went!  And I was able to fit FOUR full bags of groceries in this basket.  Crazy right?  We love the stroller, and I have gone running with it - I know, probably against all the rules, considering we are still using the car seat adaptor, but I have only taken it on trails!!  And a part of me does wish we had a jogging stroller, so I'm thinking about buying something cheap off craigslist once Jack is a bit bigger.



And I haven't written much about work yet, and I promise to, but for now, all you need to know is that, as of now, I have Fridays off.  I LOVE having Fridays off - I look forward to my 3 day weekend.  My work schedule is 2 days in the office, 2 days at home, and a day off.  It's fantastic being able to hang out with this little bug without an agenda.  I feel extremely blessed.


And there you have it folks...oh how I wish I could promise it won't be another month before I write again, but I just can't.  But then again, who knows?  Our life seems so unpredictable these days.

Sending so much love to all of you,

Malia

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! I can not wait to make it to the tulip festival someday! We've not been able to since we first got here and I won't do it alone with my two quite yet. I know they'd just frustrate me to the point of it being a wasted day. So much easier with one adult for each kid at these ages. Maybe once the hubby's out of the Navy...I sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...