May 14, 2013

This one Time I had Babies.

A friend posted this blog post on her facebook page a few weeks ago, and I shared it instantly on facebook, but I also wanted to share it here.

The post is from the blog Hopefullyknown and it is (obviously) titled, This One Time I Had Babies, and let's just say it's beautiful.  As I read it, tears creeped into the corners of my eyes and soon enough they were streaming down my face.

So let it be known that I did warn you - it may make you cry.  But it might also make you squeeze your baby a little tighter and cherish all the things that seem so inconvenient right now (like late night feedings and blowouts and feeling like a milk machine)..right??

This baby stage is so short and it ends so quickly, and I just hope and pray that I'm cherishing each moment rather than hoping for the next moment when you can tell me what you want with words, the moment you are sleeping through the night and eating solid foods.

I know that there will come a day when I too will be saying...This one time I had a baby.  This one time I had a preemie, and this one time...you weighed just 4 lbs 6 ounces.

Here's a little video of Jack during that stage!  Enjoy.


This one time I had babies...

"Sweet, wide-eyed, tub of goo babies.  Babies who gave me fat on my thighs when they were inside of me and bags under my eyes when they were outside of me.  Babies who had to be fed and burped and diapered at all hours (day and night).  Babies who threw up on my friends.  Babies who cried at times, it seemed, for no good reason except to drive us to the brink of insanity.  But still they were gorgeous babies, for the most part healthy babies, and my husband and I were blessed to have had them...Today I want to remember the pull of sticky fingers tangled in my hair, the sweet smell of Burt's Bees baby oil rubbed into the soft skin of little arms and legs, and how it felt to hold babies who leaned into you and clutched at you like you were the air they needed to breathe (love that line)."


Xoxo,

Malia

1 comment:

  1. Malia, thank you so much for reading and sharing the post. What a treat to read such kind words about my writing. That post is close to my heart. Thanks for sharing it with others.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...