July 21, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 17 weeks.


Here I am ...17 weeks pregnant with LB2. How am I already this far along? It's going way too fast. And I can only imagine the second trimester is going to fly by and baby will be here before we know it. 

I didn't mention much in my announcement post, but we found out we were having another baby on a Tuesday, April 22nd to be exact as it was my sister's 34 birthday! And it was like deja vu all over again. With Jack we found out on a Tuesday, I had a meeting at church and took the test right before the meeting...had a bit of a meltdown and went off to the meeting. And that is extremely similar to what happened this time around - Tuesday night, same meeting at church, but this time, I was emotionally prepared and the meltdown didn't occur the same way as before. I was shocked and incredibly surprised and I may have shed a tear or two, but as Peter kept saying...God's timing is perfect. 
And I agree with him, but it's never the timing I am anticipating. Both times it all happened just a few months before I was emotionally and mentally prepared. Both times I whined a little about the timing of it all...both times I shed a few tears and stomped my feet a bit.

I should say now...I'm not the best pregnant person. It's amazing to be able to carry a child and to be a tool for the Lord to create this being in my womb, but I always want that one last beer, or that one last cold ham sandwich or that one last...you fill in the blank with all the things a non pregnant person can eat/drink. I think God finds it all rather amusing, and if I'm honest, I do too.


I should say this guy makes the whole thing even more beautiful. I can't wait to see him as a big brother!


Anyhow without further ado...

Growing // Baby weighs about 5 ounces now and baby is about 5 inches long from head to bottom. Baby is now the size of an onion! Crazy to think I have a being the size of an onion in my belly. I am definitely growing as well. I think I've actually gained more weight at this stage than I did with Jack! And I'm imagining this baby will be bigger than Jack, hopefully, considering I'm not on my blood pressure medication.

Eating + Sleeping // Everyone is curious as to what my cravings are ...and if they differ from my cravings with Jack. And if I'm honest, as of right now, the only things I crave are ice cold beverages. Maybe that's because it's been 90 degrees outside or maybe that's because I'm just dehydrated! Who knows, but I just want my coffee with lots of ice and my water with lots of ice and my orange juice with lots of ice. And I love all dairy items and fruit...cheese, yogurt, peaches, cantaloupe, apples, etc. I haven't been craving sweet things, but I love salty items...chips, crackers, etc. The only way I can avoid eating those items is simply by not buying them! In regards to sleeping, I wake up at least once a night to go to the bathroom. And if I'm honest, I'm okay with that as once a night is easy and doable! Now that's going to be a different story when the baby arrives and it's more than just once a night. And I've been having strange dreams again!

Feeling // I have been feeling pretty good to be honest. But I do love taking naps during the day time, just wish I had time for that to happen more often. I'm way more tired this time around than I was with Jack and maybe that's because I'm not only looking after myself but also a toddler, and this little toddler is definitely on the move. I should probably go to bed earlier than I do, but that's always been a tough one for me. I definitely have more energy than I did a few weeks ago, but I'm still not exercising much. Jack and I go for alot of walks, but that's not a tremendous amount of intensity. Hoping for time and energy in the days and weeks to come to lift some weights or even go for a run!

Wearing // Maxi skirts and dresses...lots and lots of dresses. I did buy myself a new dress from Anthro that was on super sale! And I have worn it the past two days, let's just say it was the first thing I put on this morning for our walk to the park. The husbands not so sure about it but I'm obsessed with it. And I'm hoping the purchase of more maxi skirts will be in my future as I only have one, which I bought when I was pregnant with Jack. Most of my clothes still fit. However, I did put on a regular pair of jeans tonight and decided to take them off after I sat down on the bed and realized just how uncomfortable they were. I didn't buy maternity clothes with Jack, just survived in what I owned, but there are so many pieces out there that can double as maternity wear and non maternity wear and that's the stuff I'm far more interested in buying!

Milestones // I felt baby move this morning as I was laying in bed with both my guys. I have felt flutters for weeks, but this time I really felt baby move. It was far more than just the usual flutters. I think this one is going to be way more of a mover and a shaker than Jack was! The Dr and nurses have had a hard time capturing babies heartbeat because baby moves around so much! I'm excited for the day to come when Peter and Jack can feel the baby (update - Peter felt the baby move last night! So much earlier this time around than with Jack). 

And that's all for this weeks folks! Until next time.

Pregnant with Jack week 17 //

1 comment:

  1. I love that you wore the same dress for both 17 week belly bump photos. No one would know they were taken almost 2 years apart - you look gorgeous and are such a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...