September 10, 2012

Little Buddy: 17 weeks!


Baby is now the size of an onion, which is just crazy!  No amount of sucking in can hide that baby bump.  I can now officially say that I am starting to show, especially when I wear tight things like this dress!  The funny thing is, I have been dying for this moment to come (to start showing), and now that I am at this point in my pregnancy, I kind of miss my first trimester body.  I know it seems silly, but the truth is...my clothes are most certainly getting tighter. Peter had the hardest time zipping up my dress on Saturday, and I thought oh no the time has officially come for me to go through my closet and set aside some pre-pregnancy items.  I haven't even bothered with jeans or anything that has buttons for that matter - they are just so uncomfortable, especially when I sit down!

So I am 17 weeks pregnant, and probably a few days - not 100% sure.  And according to this lovely book called, What to Expect When You're Expecting, I should be experiencing all sorts of lovely things - such as fatigue, constipation, heartburn, bloating, flatulence (aka gas), headaches, dizziness, nasal congestion, nosebleed, sensitive gums that may bleed, mild swelling of ankles and feet and varicose veins, and mood swings.  It all sounds just lovely right??  I mean who wouldn't want to get pregnant?

Well after reading through that list, I thought...well I'm doing pretty good with the symptoms - so far, yes, I'm feeling tired, but no I'm not constipated.  I experienced my first upset stomach last Thursday and had NO idea what was going on - later realized it was probably gas.  I felt dizzy for the first time this morning, but I have yet to experience nosebleeds or nasal congestion or bleeding gums.  I have yet to identify any swelling minus the swelling of the baby belly of course and so far no varicose veins.

But who knows what next week might hold right?  The whole process, the symptoms, the growing of a baby, all of it simply makes me smile because it's truly amazing isn't it?  God is creating a little being in my womb, and I have the privilege of experiencing it all, and for that I am thankful.

Until next time,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...