September 11, 2012

Green Grass.

In August, Peter traveled to the Dominican Republic for 10 days, which was fine, I missed him of course, but that's simply a given!  However, what wasn't so fine was that he left me in charge of the grass...umm??  Probably not the best idea!  For those who don't know - we bought a house last March and when we first moved into the house the yard was a disaster, the grass included.  There were giant divots in the yard and the grass was extremely sporadic.  Peter bought all sorts of dirt and fertilizer thinking one of those would do the grass some good, but we never had much luck.  So come last September we decided to hire someone to come in and tear the whole thing up and start over again!  And the grass is now simply glorious - it truly is.  Below is a recent photo to prove it!


So with all that being said - it just so happened to be hitting record highs that week Peter was gone, and it just so happened that I was going to be out of town the first few days he was gone.  Sometime over that weekend, I received an email from my husband kindly reminding me to water the grass, considering he had checked out the weather report.   So when I got back late Sunday night, I thought to myself, I'll water the grass in the morning.  And when I woke up on Monday morning I was in for a bit of a shock.  Parts of the grass were  brown - now not like a dead grass color brown, but just a little off and not quite as green as the rest.

Well let's just say I panicked, called my dad, and even emailed my husband to warn him of the sight he just might see see when he came home.  And he kindly informed me to water the grass two times a day.  TWO TIMES A DAY Peter?? And for how long now??  His reply - about 30 minutes or more each time, in the front yard and the back yard!  I originally thought - He's got to be crazy right??

And let me tell you, he definitely is not, but the man LOVES his grass.  And I suppose we paid money for that grass, so I too should look at that grass rather differently, right?  Well, let's just say, now I most certainly do!  Thus, guess what I did?  I watered that grass for the next 7 days, morning and night for a total of 2 hours each day.  And I was so bored! So of course, I brought a book outside with me, and I held the book in one hand and the hose in the other.

And let's just say, I not only look at that grass differently, but I also look at my husband a little differently - that man is faithful to his grass watering, and let's just say I was so thankful when the husband came home and took back his watering duties.  But things have changed a little around our house - we finally bought a sprinkler!  Simple pleasures, I tell you, Simple pleasures!  And I think the rain is coming, which means the water bill will finally be decreasing, and the grass will only get greener.

So without further ado...I will leave you with some of Peter's photos from the Dominican Republic.


xoxo, 

Malia

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...