September 12, 2012

Love Stories.

I have been thinking alot lately about the various love stories in my life.  A few weeks ago I was away in Kansas City at a conference for work and it seemed as though everyone wanted to hear about how I met my Irish husband.  And most of the time I gauge the time and the one requesting the story - how much do they REALLY want to know?  Are they just asking to be polite?  Should I give them the extended version or the shortened version?  And then the story telling begins...

See the thing is...I love hearing people's love stories - and I love the extended versions.  Everyone has a beautiful story to tell, but the question is...will you wait around long enough to hear it?  And I must say...I normally do!!  And as I sit here typing this so many beautiful love stories come to mind....

I have one friend that met her husband on a mission trip - they went to the same church and everything, but their paths didn't cross until they both signed up for the same mission trip to Costa Rica.

I have another friend who met her fiance online - not through a dating site, which is slightly shocking I know, but rather by following his blog!  He lived in Texas and she lived in Seattle - and they just got engaged a few weeks ago. Still slightly peeing my pants about this one.

And I have friends that DID meet online through various dating sites...I know some of you may be skeptical, but these friends are living proof that some truly do have online dating success stories!!

I have one friend who met her husband on Cinco de Mayo at Tacos Guaymas - seriously?  Who would have thought right?  She didn't even want to go out that night, but some of her dearest friends convinced her and this guy, her now husband, stopped her on her way to the bathroom...and the rest is history.  They dated for awhile, got engaged, married, and now have a beautiful baby girl!

I have another set of friends that met at a wedding...at the singles table!  And guess what??  They aren't single anymore.

I have friends that have been together the majority of their lives and started dating in High school and yes they are still together!  Isn't that beautiful?

Listen to this love story - guy from Seattle qualifies for the Boston Marathon - he goes to Boston to run the race, meets this gorgeous girl from CA, and the rest is history.  He has since moved to CA and they recently got engaged! Little did he know what God had in store for him when he flew down to Boston!!

I have another friend who met her husband at a bar...he was playing in the band, and she was enthralled by him from the word GO...and I have another friend her met her now fiance, soon to be husband, at a mutual friend's party.

And I have friends whose husbands started off as their dearest friends before their relationship turned into something deeper, something more romantic.

And I love each and every one of these stories because they are all so unique to the couple!

Every engaged or married couple has a love story...the big question is will you stick around long enough to hear the extended version?? 

Do you have a story to share?  I would LOVE to hear it!

xoxo,

Malia

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...