September 6, 2012

The House.

So we have had quite a few house updates!  And I thought I would post some photos on the blog for all to see.  The BIGGEST thing we did was upgrade our windows!  Wow - what a difference it made.  The original windows were aluminum, black windows and they were so cold and nasty and moldy. And after talking about getting new windows for over a year, we decided to do some research and we took the plunge.  We landed on some white, vinyl windows - top of the vinyl line so my husband tells me.  They have night locks and the screens come off from the inside of the house - goodbye screens falling off the windows!

Here are some photos of the process and the befores and afters.  We did say goodbye to our garden window and I had to find a new home for my plants and cookbooks, but it's a blessing!  We don't have a huge box jutting out the window onto the deck - so no more head banging on that thing.  Praise the Lord!


Before and after...look at the view!

Before and after...aren't the new windows just gorgeous?

And another big project that we did ages ago was refinish our deck!  Let's just say, I'm not cut out for manual labor - thank goodness my husband is.  He loved this project!  And we are so glad it is over and done with. We rented a sander for a day - that was the easy part.  The hard part was getting rid of the paint in between the cracks and on the sides of the deck.  We stained the top and ended up painting the sides of the deck black - made for a much shorter project.  Check out the FIRST photo in this post to see what the new deck looks like now.

And our garden creations...peaches, apples, damsens (thought they were plums, but they're not!), potatoes and tomatoes!  We have a ton of green tomatoes right now, but only a few have ripened.  And our green beans were a huge success, but I didn't get any photos of those.

And we also have dahlias growing - I love them!  And one of my dear friends donated 3 whiskey barrels to us - love those!  What else?  We are brainstorming some ideas for our front entry way - it's pretty bland and boring at the moment, but I think we are ready to move to the front now that we have completed so many projects in the backyard.  Peter even redid our back entry way, which you can see in my last Little Things post.

So that's all for now - things are constantly changing.  Until next time!

xoxo,

Malia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...