November 4, 2014

Little Buddy: 17 months


Child you are currently 21 months old! And so incredibly full of joy and love and life! But this post isn't about where you are at NOW, but rather where you were at 17 months. Let's see how much I can actually remember! Yikes.

Growing // I'm imagining you weigh about 25 lbs or so, and I'm basing this off how much you weighed at your 18 month checkup. You are a growing machine! Packing on the lbs and catching right up with all those other 17 month olds. 

Eating + sleeping // Still eating and sleeping like a champ! You LOVE to eat and snack and eat and snack some more. You are still doing two naps - one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Wearing // I think you are still in some 12 month things and some 18 month things. Kind of between sizes. And you love shoes, but if I'm honest, we don't have that many pairs of shoes for you. And I'm starting to have to buy clothes for you, which seems strange, but the beautiful thing is you end up being in those clothes for months and months at a time versus growing out of something in a month. 

Doing // You are fully on the move and taking over the house and I love the sound of your pitter patter on the floor. 

Milestones // If I remember correctly, I think I stopped breastfeeding early this month. It was time, and I was ready. It was hard for me to drop the morning feeding as I feared you would wake up really early in the AM, and your dad and I would have to get out of bed rather than dragging you into bed with us. But you simply started sleeping later, an extra hour or so. And you just needed some extra back pats at nighttime. The transition was so easy that I felt a little bad for prolonging it like I had.

This month we also boarded a plane for a Buskirk family vacation to Maui, and let's just say I was very pleased when we actually landed as your dad and I were quite tired of walking you up and down the aisles. I love that you are walking now, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was cursing your mobility just a little during this flight. You were great in Maui - loved the sand and the water, and slept fairly good at night time. We all went to bed fairly early and woke up early seeing as there is a 3 hour time difference - so 5 AM was your morning wakeup time. We couldn't quite figure out naps for you, so you just kind of slept when you could, but you were such a trooper! And we all had such a great time.

We also celebrated mother's day with the entire family and your dad began his new job with Pilgrim Africa, which meant you started your first day at daycare! The first month was rough, but you are loving it now.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...