November 2, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 32 weeks


week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 // 26 // 27 // 28 // 29 // 30 // 31

I can't stop thinking about the fact that I've made it this far considering I was hospitalized at 33 weeks with Jack. I keep thinking, we could have a baby in TWO weeks! That is just wild. And the funny thing is, I feel as though we still have so much to do to prepare for baby, but if he comes early, he'll be in the hospital for at least 3 weeks. So in reality, we have time, I just don't know how much time! This past weekend we put together the changing table seeing as we didn't use a changing table with Jack, just changed him on beds and other surfaces. Now we just need the changing pad and cover. I also painted a ton of bookshelves from Ikea to put up in the boys' room. We are trying to utilize all the wall space that we can for storage! And it's so fun to reconfigure this room for a baby and a toddler. And to rethink colors and decor, etc, but again, I'm sure the room will be a continual work in progress, and it's not going to be perfect by the time the baby comes...that's the reality. But my fantasy is that it will be perfect and everything will be created and hung and in it's place.

Well enough about that and without further ado...

Growing // They say that baby is now the size of a squash, weighing in around 3.5 lbs and measuring about 16.5 inches. It's strange to think that this baby is nearly the size Jack was when he was born! They say that I'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks. He now has toenails, fingernails and real hair! He is definitely in the head down position, ready for his exit.

Eating + Sleeping // I bought myself flavored seltzer water at the grocery store and when I got home I immediately filled my cup with ice and poured the liquid into a glass, and it was delicious! Can't wait till the day I can have an ice cold beer. I have had a few sips of wine, but have yet to indulge in a beer. In regards to sleeping nothing new to report!

Feeling // I am tired. So tired. And I'm terrible at taking care of myself and I'm always pushing myself too far, which then leads to me feeling even more tired. Today was the first day I started to feel a little anxious and overwhelmed thinking about the fact that I could be pregnant only for a few more weeks before we meet the newest member of our family. That is just wild! At this stage with Jack I was on moderate bed rest as they wanted to keep my blood pressure as low as they could. So my chores and my to do list was very limited - and when I think back to that time, I felt like I was being cursed but in reality it was such a blessing! I should be doing more of that, of resting, of reading, of writing, of just laying down and letting things sit undone. 

Wearing // Same old same old. 

Milestones // Each week truly is a milestone! The baby bump is getting big, and I'm definitely getting uncomfortable, but I suppose each day and each week is a blessing as it simply means LB2 is getting bigger and bigger. He's definitely moving around in there, but the movements are so different now that he is bigger!

Pregnant with Jack week  17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 // 26 // 27 // 28 // 29 // 30 // 31 // 32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...