November 23, 2012

Little Buddy: 27 weeks!


So I have officially completed my 27th week, and I am now into my 28th week, which just seems crazy doesn't it?  And I suppose that means that I'm in my third trimester.  Where has the time gone?  Lb is going to be here before I know it!  Sure hope I'm ready for his arrival.  But then again, will I ever be?

Little Buddy has surpassed the size of a rutabaga, weighing in somewhere between 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and averaging around 14 inches.  He is practicing his breathing - inhaling and exhaling his rapidly developing lungs.  He is so tiny, but he has all the parts he needs, even teeny tiny lungs.  Isn't that just crazy?  This whole creation thing just baffles my mind - God is soo good.  How did He think of all these things?  As I live my life, a little being grows inside my womb - and thanks to the Lord's intricate design, LB is created.  And his little brain even has brain activity.  I mean this little being that is a little over a pound and a little bit longer than a ruler has a teeny tiny brain.  And from here on out, his little teeny tiny features and teeny tiny limbs will just get bigger and bigger.

He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals - I think our sleeping schedules are a bit out of whack.  He finds it amusing to be awake and moving and shaking when I'm trying to sleep, at least that's how it's been the past few nights.  Pretty amusing, I think!  They say that I should be going to the bathroom ALOT - and let's just say that is true!  I think I used the bathroom about 4 times an hour yesterday, and I find myself NOT wanting to drink simply because I know what the end result will be.  I worked out yesterday for the first time in ages, and finally decided that it would be a fabulous idea to get a gym membership, but I should say, it was SO Hard!  I did the elliptical for a little while, and I tried to run for longer than a mile on the treadmill, and I was so slow and it was so hard!  So then after one mile was completed, I settled for walking.

What else?  I have had some leg cramps, but nothing all that noteworthy.  I pop tums like they are my favorite candy to prevent heartburn before it even becomes an issue.  Who knows if I would even experience it, but I would rather prevent it if I could and let's be honest, I kind of have a tum obsession.  I have definitely been feeling a bit bloated and I'm thinking that's probably from gas, but I have yet to purchase any gas-x or anything - so that just goes to show you that it's not that bad!

What else?  I can honestly say I have not experienced any forms of constipation - too much information?  Sincerest apologies if it is!  We still need to sort out life insurance, health insurance for the baby, and a will.  And we also need to sort out a pediatrician - any advice parents on how to begin this search?  I'm thinking I may just ask the midwives who they may recommend.  So many little tasks to accomplish before LB makes his debut.  And so many little things we want to accomplish before we leave for Ireland!

Please pray for us - for these next few months that God prepares our hearts to parent this little being and that He gives us wisdom each day with LB and with each other.

xoxo,

Malia and LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...